Georges Plains Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Georges Plains (2795) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Central Tablelands, New South Wales. It is about 161 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Georges Plains is in the federal electorate of Calare.

In the 2011 census the population of Georges Plains was 361 and is comprised of approximately 50.1% females and 49.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Georges Plains is 37 years of age.

90.8% of people living in the suburb of Georges Plains were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.2% New Zealand, 2.2% England, 1.4% South Africa.

97.8% of people living in Georges Plains speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Georges Plains is 34.3% Catholic, 28.0% Anglican, 12.7% No religion, 8.0% Uniting Church, 3.9% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.2% Other Religious Groups, 1.9% Christian, nfd, 1.7% Jehovah's Witnesses, 1.7% Baptist.

50.9% of people are married, 31.0% have never married and 12.3% are divorced and 2.2% are separated. There are 10 widowed people living in Georges Plains.

67.5% of the people living in Georges Plains over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 27.7% are working on a part time basis. Georges Plains has an unemployment rate of 3.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Georges Plains are 24.2% Managers, 15.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 14.2% Technicians & trades workers, 13.2% Labourers, 12.1% Professionals, 9.5% Community & personal service workers, 7.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 3.2% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Georges Plains work in are 16.1% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 15.6% Manufacturing, 11.8% Health care and social assistance, 10.2% Construction, 8.6% Public administration and safety, 8.6% Education and training, 6.5% Professional, scientific and technical services, 5.4% Accommodation and food services, 4.8% Transport, postal and warehousing.

39.5% of homes are fully owned, and 40.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 14.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $642 per week and the median household income is $1421 per week.

The median rent in Georges Plains is $180 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $2021 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Georges Plains postcode 2795

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Parkes 2870 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales