Burraga Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Burraga (2795) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Central Tablelands, New South Wales. It is about 155 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Burraga is in the federal electorate of Calare.

In the 2011 census the population of Burraga was 251 and is comprised of approximately 41.0% females and 59.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Burraga is 47 years of age.

86.4% of people living in the suburb of Burraga were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.0% England, 2.0% India, 1.2% New Zealand.

95.2% of people living in Burraga speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Burraga is 38.0% Catholic, 22.0% No religion, 20.0% Anglican, 8.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.4% Uniting Church, 2.4% Christian, nfd, 1.6% Baptist, 1.2% Other Christian.

57.3% of people are married, 24.8% have never married and 14.1% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 8 widowed people living in Burraga.

62.0% of the people living in Burraga over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 25.6% are working on a part time basis. Burraga has an unemployment rate of 4.7%.

The main occupations of people living in Burraga are 28.5% Managers, 15.4% Labourers, 13.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 12.2% Professionals, 11.4% Technicians & trades workers, 9.8% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 4.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 4.1% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Burraga work in are 49.2% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 8.9% Manufacturing, 8.1% Health care and social assistance, 5.6% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.8% Public administration and safety, 4.8% Administrative and support services, 4.0% Transport, postal and warehousing, 3.2% Construction, 3.2% Inadequately described/Not stated.

55.4% of homes are fully owned, and 20.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 20.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $460 per week and the median household income is $938 per week.

The median rent in Burraga is $160 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1127 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Burraga postcode 2795

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Bilbul 2680 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales