Warregah Island Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Warregah Island (2469) is a suburb of North Coast, Northern Rivers, New South Wales. It is about 532 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Warregah Island is in the federal electorate of Page.

In the 2011 census the population of Warregah Island was 184 and is comprised of approximately 50.0% females and 50.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Warregah Island is 46 years of age.

88.4% of people living in the suburb of Warregah Island were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.3% New Zealand, 2.2% England.

98.4% of people living in Warregah Island speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Warregah Island is 36.1% No religion, 30.1% Anglican, 10.4% Catholic, 7.1% Presbyterian and Reformed, 6.6% Seventh-day Adventist, 4.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 1.6% Other Religious Groups, 1.6% Uniting Church, 1.6% Christian, nfd.

52.5% of people are married, 20.1% have never married and 13.7% are divorced and 6.5% are separated. There are 10 widowed people living in Warregah Island.

58.2% of the people living in Warregah Island over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 41.8% are working on a part time basis. Warregah Island has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Warregah Island are 23.8% Managers, 15.0% Labourers, 12.5% Technicians & trades workers, 11.2% Professionals, 11.2% Clerical & administrative workers, 11.2% Community & personal service workers, 8.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.2% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Warregah Island work in are 19.2% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.5% Professional, scientific and technical services, 11.5% Accommodation and food services, 11.5% Manufacturing, 11.5% Construction, 10.3% Retail trade, 9.0% Health care and social assistance, 3.8% Public administration and safety, 3.8% Rental, hiring and real estate services.

47.0% of homes are fully owned, and 28.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 19.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $420 per week and the median household income is $949 per week.

The median rent in Warregah Island is $100 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1467 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Warregah Island postcode 2469

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Bilbul 2680 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales