Mallanganee Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Mallanganee (2469) is a suburb of North Coast, Northern Rivers, New South Wales. It is about 570 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Mallanganee is in the federal electorate of Page.

In the 2011 census the population of Mallanganee was 197 and is comprised of approximately 48.7% females and 51.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of Mallanganee is 48 years of age.

82.2% of people living in the suburb of Mallanganee were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.0% New Zealand, 3.0% England, 3.0% Ireland.

90.4% of people living in Mallanganee speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 9.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Mallanganee is 25.5% Catholic, 23.0% Anglican, 20.9% No religion, 10.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 9.7% Presbyterian and Reformed, 5.1% Christian, nfd, 4.1% Uniting Church, 1.5% Jehovah's Witnesses.

52.1% of people are married, 26.7% have never married and 17.0% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 7 widowed people living in Mallanganee.

41.1% of the people living in Mallanganee over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 35.6% are working on a part time basis. Mallanganee has an unemployment rate of 12.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Mallanganee are 32.3% Managers, 16.1% Technicians & trades workers, 14.5% Community & personal service workers, 11.3% Labourers, 9.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.5% Machinery operators & drivers, 4.8% Professionals, 4.8% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Mallanganee work in are 20.6% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 14.3% Manufacturing, 14.3% Construction, 11.1% Health care and social assistance, 11.1% Wholesale trade, 9.5% Other services, 4.8% Accommodation and food services, 4.8% Inadequately described/Not stated, 4.8% Education and training.

58.1% of homes are fully owned, and 18.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 23.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $337 per week and the median household income is $623 per week.

The median rent in Mallanganee is $100 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $650 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Mallanganee postcode 2469

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Bilbul 2680 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales