Chatsworth Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Chatsworth (2469) is a suburb of North Coast, Northern Rivers, New South Wales. It is about 535 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Chatsworth is in the federal electorate of Page.

In the 2011 census the population of Chatsworth was 215 and is comprised of approximately 50.2% females and 49.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Chatsworth is 50 years of age.

86.0% of people living in the suburb of Chatsworth were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.3% New Zealand, 1.9% England.

94.0% of people living in Chatsworth speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Chatsworth is 28.1% Anglican, 23.5% Catholic, 21.2% No religion, 10.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 10.1% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.3% Uniting Church, 1.4% Other religious affiliation , 1.4% Seventh-day Adventist, 1.4% Salvation Army.

62.4% of people are married, 18.2% have never married and 7.1% are divorced and 3.5% are separated. There are 15 widowed people living in Chatsworth.

41.2% of the people living in Chatsworth over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 47.5% are working on a part time basis. Chatsworth has an unemployment rate of 3.8%.

The main occupations of people living in Chatsworth are 27.3% Managers, 11.7% Machinery operators & drivers, 11.7% Sales workers, 11.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 11.7% Community & personal service workers, 11.7% Technicians & trades workers, 7.8% Labourers, 6.5% Professionals.

The main industries people from Chatsworth work in are 26.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 16.7% Manufacturing, 15.3% Health care and social assistance, 12.5% Transport, postal and warehousing, 8.3% Accommodation and food services, 8.3% Construction, 4.2% Public administration and safety, 4.2% Retail trade, 4.2% Rental, hiring and real estate services.

48.0% of homes are fully owned, and 32.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 20.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $378 per week and the median household income is $693 per week.

The median rent in Chatsworth is $260 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1400 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Chatsworth postcode 2469

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Bilbul 2680 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales