Wherrol Flat Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Wherrol Flat (2429) is a suburb of North Coast, Mid North Coast, New South Wales. It is about 251 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Wherrol Flat is in the federal electorate of Lyne.

In the 2011 census the population of Wherrol Flat was 309 and is comprised of approximately 50.8% females and 49.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Wherrol Flat is 49 years of age.

83.8% of people living in the suburb of Wherrol Flat were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.5% England, 2.9% New Zealand, 1.6% Canada, 1.6% Scotland.

95.4% of people living in Wherrol Flat speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Wherrol Flat is 25.2% Anglican, 23.5% No religion, 22.3% Catholic, 8.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 7.7% Uniting Church, 3.5% Christian, nfd, 2.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.9% Buddhism, 1.9% Baptist, 1.3% Other Religious Groups.

50.6% of people are married, 26.5% have never married and 14.8% are divorced and 2.3% are separated. There are 15 widowed people living in Wherrol Flat.

51.5% of the people living in Wherrol Flat over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 40.3% are working on a part time basis. Wherrol Flat has an unemployment rate of 6.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Wherrol Flat are 27.6% Managers, 16.3% Technicians & trades workers, 13.8% Labourers, 12.2% Professionals, 9.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 8.9% Sales workers, 7.3% Community & personal service workers, 4.1% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Wherrol Flat work in are 21.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 15.3% Health care and social assistance, 12.9% Retail trade, 11.3% Manufacturing, 9.7% Construction, 8.9% Other services, 7.3% Accommodation and food services, 6.5% Education and training, 2.4% Professional, scientific and technical services.

51.6% of homes are fully owned, and 28.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 10.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $344 per week and the median household income is $787 per week.

The median rent in Wherrol Flat is $210 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1409 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Wherrol Flat postcode 2429

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Hurstville Grove 2220 -> Sydney -> New South Wales