Redbank Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Redbank (2446) is a suburb of North Coast, Mid North Coast, New South Wales. It is about 306 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Redbank is in the federal electorate of Lyne.

In the 2011 census the population of Redbank was 393 and is comprised of approximately 50.1% females and 49.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Redbank is 45 years of age.

87.7% of people living in the suburb of Redbank were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.1% England, 2.3% New Zealand.

95.9% of people living in Redbank speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.1% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Redbank is 34.0% Anglican, 16.1% Catholic, 13.8% No religion, 11.5% Uniting Church, 9.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 6.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.6% Baptist, 2.3% Christian, nfd, 0.8% Seventh-day Adventist, 0.8% Lutheran.

60.7% of people are married, 26.6% have never married and 4.3% are divorced and 2.2% are separated. There are 20 widowed people living in Redbank.

57.9% of the people living in Redbank over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 26.3% are working on a part time basis. Redbank has an unemployment rate of 7.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Redbank are 22.6% Managers, 18.6% Technicians & trades workers, 13.6% Professionals, 13.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 10.2% Community & personal service workers, 9.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.2% Labourers, 5.6% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Redbank work in are 12.2% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.9% Health care and social assistance, 9.4% Construction, 8.3% Public administration and safety, 8.3% Education and training, 6.6% Professional, scientific and technical services, 6.6% Manufacturing, 6.6% Transport, postal and warehousing, 6.6% Wholesale trade.

55.0% of homes are fully owned, and 29.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 15.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $522 per week and the median household income is $919 per week.

The median rent in Redbank is $240 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1526 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Redbank postcode 2446

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Queanbeyan West 2620 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales