Ellenborough Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Ellenborough (2446) is a suburb of North Coast, Mid North Coast, New South Wales. It is about 294 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Ellenborough is in the federal electorate of Lyne.

In the 2011 census the population of Ellenborough was 294 and is comprised of approximately 47.6% females and 52.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Ellenborough is 50 years of age.

88.4% of people living in the suburb of Ellenborough were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.7% New Zealand, 1.4% South Africa, 1.4% Germany, 1.0% England.

95.2% of people living in Ellenborough speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Ellenborough is 26.9% Anglican, 23.5% Catholic, 18.7% No religion, 8.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.1% Other religious affiliation , 5.1% Uniting Church, 4.4% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.7% Christian, nfd, 1.4% Baptist, 1.4% Other Religious Groups.

47.9% of people are married, 27.4% have never married and 17.8% are divorced and 1.2% are separated. There are 15 widowed people living in Ellenborough.

55.8% of the people living in Ellenborough over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 29.7% are working on a part time basis. Ellenborough has an unemployment rate of 4.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Ellenborough are 36.2% Managers, 13.8% Technicians & trades workers, 10.8% Professionals, 10.0% Clerical & administrative workers, 10.0% Labourers, 6.9% Sales workers, 6.2% Machinery operators & drivers, 3.8% Community & personal service workers, 2.3% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Ellenborough work in are 35.2% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.9% Health care and social assistance, 7.0% Financial and insurance services, 7.0% Inadequately described/Not stated, 7.0% Wholesale trade, 7.0% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.5% Retail trade, 4.7% Manufacturing, 4.7% Other services.

56.0% of homes are fully owned, and 16.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 21.6% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $335 per week and the median household income is $660 per week.

The median rent in Ellenborough is $80 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $975 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Ellenborough postcode 2446

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Wybong 2333 -> Hunter Valley -> New South Wales