Pembrooke Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Pembrooke (2446) is a suburb of North Coast, Mid North Coast, New South Wales. It is about 311 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Pembrooke is in the federal electorate of Lyne.

In the 2011 census the population of Pembrooke was 147 and is comprised of approximately 47.6% females and 52.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Pembrooke is 44 years of age.

86.4% of people living in the suburb of Pembrooke were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.7% England.

89.0% of people living in Pembrooke speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 11.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Pembrooke is 35.1% Catholic, 20.9% Anglican, 16.2% No religion, 11.5% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.8% Uniting Church, 5.4% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.0% Baptist, 2.0% Seventh-day Adventist.

63.2% of people are married, 23.9% have never married and 7.7% are divorced and 2.6% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in Pembrooke.

53.1% of the people living in Pembrooke over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 28.1% are working on a part time basis. Pembrooke has an unemployment rate of 9.4%.

The main occupations of people living in Pembrooke are 20.0% Managers, 15.0% Professionals, 15.0% Community & personal service workers, 13.3% Technicians & trades workers, 11.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 10.0% Sales workers, 10.0% Labourers, 5.0% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Pembrooke work in are 23.8% Health care and social assistance, 19.0% Retail trade, 9.5% Inadequately described/Not stated, 9.5% Other services, 4.8% Accommodation and food services, 4.8% Arts and recreation services, 4.8% Manufacturing, 4.8% Construction, 4.8% Electricity, gas, water and waste services.

40.8% of homes are fully owned, and 40.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 12.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $384 per week and the median household income is $860 per week.

The median rent in Pembrooke is $305 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1781 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Pembrooke postcode 2446

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Seaham 2324 -> Hunter Valley -> New South Wales