Farley Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Farley (2320) is a suburb of Hunter Valley, Lower Hunter Valley, New South Wales. It is about 130 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Farley is in the federal electorate of Hunter.

In the 2011 census the population of Farley was 236 and is comprised of approximately 51.3% females and 48.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Farley is 43 years of age.

91.3% of people living in the suburb of Farley were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.6% England.

94.5% of people living in Farley speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.5% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Farley is 35.5% Catholic, 28.2% Anglican, 12.4% No religion, 9.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 5.1% Uniting Church, 4.3% Baptist.

61.1% of people are married, 25.4% have never married and 8.8% are divorced and 3.1% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in Farley.

59.8% of the people living in Farley over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 27.0% are working on a part time basis. Farley has an unemployment rate of 7.4%.

The main occupations of people living in Farley are 18.6% Technicians & trades workers, 16.9% Professionals, 13.6% Community & personal service workers, 12.7% Managers, 10.2% Labourers, 9.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.6% Sales workers, 5.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.1% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Farley work in are 11.8% Health care and social assistance, 8.4% Retail trade, 7.6% Public administration and safety, 7.6% Manufacturing, 7.6% Education and training, 7.6% Other services, 7.6% Transport, postal and warehousing, 7.6% Financial and insurance services, 5.9% Construction.

48.8% of homes are fully owned, and 36.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 11.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $454 per week and the median household income is $1275 per week.

The median rent in Farley is $270 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $2192 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Farley postcode 2320

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Woodenbong 2476 -> North Coast -> New South Wales