Ambergate Demographics (WA) Local Stats

Ambergate (6280) is a suburb of South Western, South West, Western Australia. It is about 202 kms from WA's capital city of Perth. Ambergate is in the federal electorate of Forrest.

In the 2011 census the population of Ambergate was 337 and is comprised of approximately 51.3% females and 48.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Ambergate is 36 years of age.

85.4% of people living in the suburb of Ambergate were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 7.4% England, 2.1% Singapore, 1.8% India, 1.5% New Zealand.

98.2% of people living in Ambergate speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Ambergate is 31.8% No religion, 29.8% Anglican, 18.8% Catholic, 5.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.1% Christian, nfd, 4.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.3% Uniting Church, 1.8% Lutheran.

67.5% of people are married, 23.9% have never married and 5.3% are divorced and 1.2% are separated. There are 5 widowed people living in Ambergate.

54.7% of the people living in Ambergate over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 32.6% are working on a part time basis. Ambergate has an unemployment rate of 3.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Ambergate are 22.0% Managers, 17.7% Technicians & trades workers, 15.1% Clerical & administrative workers, 11.8% Sales workers, 11.3% Professionals, 9.1% Labourers, 6.5% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.5% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Ambergate work in are 12.0% Construction, 11.5% Retail trade, 11.5% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 7.9% Manufacturing, 7.9% Health care and social assistance, 6.8% Education and training, 6.8% Transport, postal and warehousing, 6.3% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.7% Mining.

31.4% of homes are fully owned, and 59.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 9.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $592 per week and the median household income is $1819 per week.

The median rent in Ambergate is $100 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $2167 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Ambergate postcode 6280

  • Qpzm LocalStats Western Australia Suburb of the Day: Glen Iris 6230 -> South Western -> Western Australia