Acton Park Demographics (WA) Local Stats

Acton Park (6280) is a suburb of South Western, South West, Western Australia. It is about 208 kms from WA's capital city of Perth. Acton Park is in the federal electorate of Forrest.

In the 2011 census the population of Acton Park was 257 and is comprised of approximately 47.5% females and 52.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Acton Park is 36 years of age.

79.2% of people living in the suburb of Acton Park were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.1% England, 2.0% New Zealand, 1.6% United States of America, 1.6% Scotland.

91.1% of people living in Acton Park speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 8.9% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Acton Park is 35.1% No religion, 23.9% Anglican, 15.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 9.3% Catholic, 5.4% Uniting Church, 2.7% Seventh-day Adventist, 2.3% Christian, nfd, 2.3% Brethren, 1.5% Baptist, 1.2% Presbyterian and Reformed.

65.7% of people are married, 23.2% have never married and 5.6% are divorced and 2.5% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Acton Park.

53.5% of the people living in Acton Park over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 38.2% are working on a part time basis. Acton Park has an unemployment rate of 4.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Acton Park are 24.6% Managers, 17.6% Labourers, 14.1% Technicians & trades workers, 13.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 10.6% Sales workers, 9.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.6% Professionals, 2.1% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 2.1% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Acton Park work in are 25.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 12.1% Construction, 10.7% Other services, 8.6% Retail trade, 7.1% Accommodation and food services, 6.4% Manufacturing, 5.7% Inadequately described/Not stated, 4.3% Public administration and safety, 4.3% Transport, postal and warehousing.

41.5% of homes are fully owned, and 30.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 24.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $627 per week and the median household income is $1091 per week.

The median rent in Acton Park is $135 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1800 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Acton Park postcode 6280

  • Qpzm LocalStats Western Australia Suburb of the Day: Glen Iris 6230 -> South Western -> Western Australia