Muradup Demographics (WA) Local Stats

Muradup (6394) is a suburb of South Western, South West, Western Australia. It is about 235 kms from WA's capital city of Perth. Muradup is in the federal electorate of O'Connor.

In the 2011 census the population of Muradup was 248 and is comprised of approximately 50.0% females and 50.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Muradup is 42 years of age.

86.7% of people living in the suburb of Muradup were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 8.1% England, 3.2% New Zealand.

97.2% of people living in Muradup speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Muradup is 37.2% Anglican, 19.0% No religion, 15.8% Catholic, 8.5% Uniting Church, 7.3% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.2% Baptist, 2.4% Christian, nfd, 1.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.2% Salvation Army, 1.2% Jehovah's Witnesses.

66.2% of people are married, 21.5% have never married and 4.6% are divorced and 4.6% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Muradup.

64.9% of the people living in Muradup over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 26.1% are working on a part time basis. Muradup has an unemployment rate of 2.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Muradup are 62.9% Managers, 11.4% Labourers, 9.1% Technicians & trades workers, 7.6% Professionals, 6.8% Community & personal service workers, 2.3% Clerical & administrative workers.

The main industries people from Muradup work in are 72.9% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 7.0% Education and training, 6.2% Health care and social assistance, 4.7% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.7% Wholesale trade, 2.3% Accommodation and food services, 2.3% Manufacturing.

56.2% of homes are fully owned, and 12.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 24.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $503 per week and the median household income is $936 per week.

The median rent in Muradup is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $563 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Muradup postcode 6394

  • Qpzm LocalStats Western Australia Suburb of the Day: Geraldton 6530 -> South East & Central -> Western Australia