East Pingelly Demographics (WA) Local Stats

East Pingelly (6308) is a suburb of South Western, Heartlands, Western Australia. It is about 136 kms from WA's capital city of Perth. East Pingelly is in the federal electorate of O'Connor.

In the 2011 census the population of East Pingelly was 328 and is comprised of approximately 48.5% females and 51.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of East Pingelly is 40 years of age.

88.0% of people living in the suburb of East Pingelly were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.6% England, 1.5% New Zealand, 1.5% Germany.

96.3% of people living in East Pingelly speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of East Pingelly is 27.4% Anglican, 25.6% No religion, 18.6% Catholic, 7.9% Uniting Church, 7.0% Baptist, 6.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.4% Christian, nfd, 1.5% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.2% Salvation Army, 1.2% Jehovah's Witnesses.

74.8% of people are married, 15.0% have never married and 4.1% are divorced and 2.4% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in East Pingelly.

64.7% of the people living in East Pingelly over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 26.6% are working on a part time basis. East Pingelly has an unemployment rate of 2.2%.

The main occupations of people living in East Pingelly are 60.6% Managers, 8.3% Labourers, 7.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.7% Professionals, 5.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 3.3% Sales workers, 3.3% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 3.3% Technicians & trades workers, 1.7% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from East Pingelly work in are 63.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 6.6% Retail trade, 5.5% Health care and social assistance, 5.0% Mining, 5.0% Transport, postal and warehousing, 4.4% Education and training, 3.3% Professional, scientific and technical services, 2.2% Inadequately described/Not stated, 1.7% Accommodation and food services.

66.1% of homes are fully owned, and 13.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 15.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $535 per week and the median household income is $1047 per week.

The median rent in East Pingelly is $130 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $900 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for East Pingelly postcode 6308

  • Qpzm LocalStats Western Australia Suburb of the Day: Coolup 6214 -> South Western -> Western Australia