Kukerin Demographics (WA) Local Stats

Kukerin (6352) is a suburb of South Western, Heartlands, Western Australia. It is about 250 kms from WA's capital city of Perth. Kukerin is in the federal electorate of O'Connor.

In the 2011 census the population of Kukerin was 407 and is comprised of approximately 45.7% females and 54.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of Kukerin is 36 years of age.

88.0% of people living in the suburb of Kukerin were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.9% England, 1.2% New Zealand, 1.0% Ireland, 1.0% Germany, 0.7% Scotland.

97.0% of people living in Kukerin speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Kukerin is 25.0% Anglican, 23.8% Catholic, 23.3% No religion, 15.7% Uniting Church, 5.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 1.7% Seventh-day Adventist, 1.7% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.5% Christian, nfd, 1.0% Baptist, 0.7% Jehovah's Witnesses.

65.7% of people are married, 23.9% have never married and 5.8% are divorced and 1.3% are separated. There are 10 widowed people living in Kukerin.

68.5% of the people living in Kukerin over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 24.6% are working on a part time basis. Kukerin has an unemployment rate of 1.6%.

The main occupations of people living in Kukerin are 64.2% Managers, 8.2% Professionals, 7.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.3% Community & personal service workers, 5.3% Labourers, 3.7% Sales workers, 3.3% Technicians & trades workers, 2.5% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Kukerin work in are 66.1% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.3% Education and training, 7.0% Health care and social assistance, 4.5% Wholesale trade, 3.7% Public administration and safety, 1.7% Retail trade, 1.7% Electricity, gas, water and waste services, 1.2% Professional, scientific and technical services, 1.2% Accommodation and food services.

63.9% of homes are fully owned, and 14.6% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 21.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $527 per week and the median household income is $825 per week.

The median rent in Kukerin is $35 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $813 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Kukerin postcode 6352

  • Qpzm LocalStats Western Australia Suburb of the Day: Menzies 6436 -> South East & Central -> Western Australia