Yallabatharra Demographics (WA) Local Stats

Yallabatharra (6535) is a suburb of South East & Central, Mid West, Western Australia. It is about 450 kms from WA's capital city of Perth. Yallabatharra is in the federal electorate of Durack.

In the 2011 census the population of Yallabatharra was 213 and is comprised of approximately 45.1% females and 54.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Yallabatharra is 52 years of age.

88.2% of people living in the suburb of Yallabatharra were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.4% Netherlands, 2.4% Germany, 2.4% Scotland.

98.6% of people living in Yallabatharra speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Yallabatharra is 35.7% Anglican, 21.6% No religion, 19.7% Catholic, 12.2% Uniting Church, 4.7% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.3% Religious affiliation not stated, 1.4% Other religious affiliation , 1.4% Christian, nfd.

62.0% of people are married, 18.2% have never married and 8.9% are divorced and 1.6% are separated. There are 18 widowed people living in Yallabatharra.

58.4% of the people living in Yallabatharra over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 33.6% are working on a part time basis. Yallabatharra has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Yallabatharra are 58.6% Managers, 16.2% Labourers, 7.2% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.3% Professionals, 6.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 2.7% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 2.7% Technicians & trades workers.

The main industries people from Yallabatharra work in are 55.3% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 7.9% Construction, 7.9% Education and training, 7.9% Mining, 5.3% Accommodation and food services, 5.3% Health care and social assistance, 2.6% Public administration and safety, 2.6% Retail trade, 2.6% Financial and insurance services.

56.8% of homes are fully owned, and 17.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 16.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $384 per week and the median household income is $737 per week.

The median rent in Yallabatharra is $100 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1000 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Yallabatharra postcode 6535

  • Qpzm LocalStats Western Australia Suburb of the Day: South Yilgarn 6426 -> South East & Central -> Western Australia