Horrocks Demographics (WA) Local Stats

Horrocks (6535) is a suburb of South East & Central, Mid West, Western Australia. It is about 421 kms from WA's capital city of Perth. Horrocks is in the federal electorate of Durack.

In the 2011 census the population of Horrocks was 131 and is comprised of approximately 47.3% females and 52.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Horrocks is 59 years of age.

81.4% of people living in the suburb of Horrocks were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 10.9% England.

92.2% of people living in Horrocks speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 7.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Horrocks is 36.7% Anglican, 36.7% Catholic, 12.5% Religious affiliation not stated, 10.2% No religion, 3.9% Christian, nfd.

60.0% of people are married, 20.9% have never married and 6.1% are divorced and 10.4% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in Horrocks.

54.7% of the people living in Horrocks over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 26.6% are working on a part time basis. Horrocks has an unemployment rate of 9.4%.

The main occupations of people living in Horrocks are 25.8% Professionals, 22.6% Labourers, 17.7% Managers, 14.5% Clerical & administrative workers, 9.7% Technicians & trades workers, 4.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 4.8% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Horrocks work in are 26.3% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 15.8% Inadequately described/Not stated, 12.3% Retail trade, 10.5% Public administration and safety, 10.5% Health care and social assistance, 8.8% Accommodation and food services, 5.3% Professional, scientific and technical services, 5.3% Education and training, 5.3% Transport, postal and warehousing.

58.3% of homes are fully owned, and 16.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 18.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $524 per week and the median household income is $885 per week.

The median rent in Horrocks is $120 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1083 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Horrocks postcode 6535

  • Qpzm LocalStats Western Australia Suburb of the Day: Badgingarra 6521 -> South East & Central -> Western Australia