Woorndoo Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Woorndoo (3272) is a suburb of South Western Victoria, Great Ocean Rd/Otway Ranges, Victoria. It is about 191 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Woorndoo is in the federal electorate of Wannon.

In the 2011 census the population of Woorndoo was 309 and is comprised of approximately 46.6% females and 53.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Woorndoo is 45 years of age.

92.2% of people living in the suburb of Woorndoo were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.9% England, 1.3% New Zealand.

97.4% of people living in Woorndoo speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Woorndoo is 23.5% No religion, 21.2% Anglican, 18.0% Catholic, 13.8% Uniting Church, 10.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.9% Lutheran, 1.0% Christian, nfd.

60.1% of people are married, 27.0% have never married and 5.6% are divorced and 2.4% are separated. There are 12 widowed people living in Woorndoo.

67.0% of the people living in Woorndoo over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 20.1% are working on a part time basis. Woorndoo has an unemployment rate of 2.8%.

The main occupations of people living in Woorndoo are 56.0% Managers, 13.7% Professionals, 8.6% Technicians & trades workers, 7.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 7.4% Labourers, 5.1% Community & personal service workers, 1.7% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Woorndoo work in are 64.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.6% Health care and social assistance, 5.6% Education and training, 5.1% Public administration and safety, 3.4% Retail trade, 3.4% Electricity, gas, water and waste services, 1.7% Professional, scientific and technical services, 1.7% Construction, 1.7% Other services.

57.1% of homes are fully owned, and 19.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 23.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $485 per week and the median household income is $1033 per week.

The median rent in Woorndoo is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1000 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Woorndoo postcode 3272

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Crib Point 3919 -> Melbourne -> Victoria