Colac West Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Colac West (3250) is a suburb of South Western Victoria, Great Ocean Rd/Otway Ranges, Victoria. It is about 136 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Colac West is in the federal electorate of Corangamite.

In the 2011 census the population of Colac West was 134 and is comprised of approximately 48.5% females and 51.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Colac West is 37 years of age.

96.9% of people living in the suburb of Colac West were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth wer.

97.7% of people living in Colac West speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.3% Italian.

The religious makeup of Colac West is 41.0% Catholic, 16.4% Uniting Church, 14.2% No religion, 11.2% Anglican, 5.2% Other religious affiliation , 4.5% Jehovah's Witnesses, 4.5% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.0% Religious affiliation not stated.

55.0% of people are married, 25.7% have never married and 8.3% are divorced and 5.5% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Colac West.

46.2% of the people living in Colac West over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 50.0% are working on a part time basis. Colac West has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Colac West are 22.6% Labourers, 19.0% Managers, 15.5% Technicians & trades workers, 13.1% Sales workers, 10.7% Professionals, 8.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 7.1% Community & personal service workers, 3.6% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Colac West work in are 13.6% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.1% Construction, 11.1% Health care and social assistance, 9.9% Public administration and safety, 9.9% Manufacturing, 8.6% Retail trade, 8.6% Other services, 7.4% Education and training, 7.4% Wholesale trade.

48.0% of homes are fully owned, and 36.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 10.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $405 per week and the median household income is $949 per week.

The median rent in Colac West is $220 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $997 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Colac West postcode 3250

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Windermere 3352 -> South Western Victoria -> Victoria