Navigators Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Navigators (3352) is a suburb of South Western Victoria, Ballaratt, Victoria. It is about 92 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Navigators is in the federal electorate of Ballarat.

In the 2011 census the population of Navigators was 257 and is comprised of approximately 48.6% females and 51.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Navigators is 47 years of age.

94.0% of people living in the suburb of Navigators were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.2% New Zealand, 2.8% England.

97.2% of people living in Navigators speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.8% Other.

The religious makeup of Navigators is 33.5% Catholic, 28.0% No religion, 8.6% Anglican, 7.4% Uniting Church, 5.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.4% Presbyterian and Reformed, 4.7% Christian, nfd, 3.5% Other Religious Groups, 1.2% Churches of Christ, 1.2% Lutheran.

60.3% of people are married, 26.0% have never married and 7.4% are divorced and 2.9% are separated. There are 7 widowed people living in Navigators.

51.1% of the people living in Navigators over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 42.6% are working on a part time basis. Navigators has an unemployment rate of 4.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Navigators are 19.6% Technicians & trades workers, 17.4% Professionals, 17.4% Managers, 10.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 10.9% Labourers, 8.7% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.7% Community & personal service workers, 6.5% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Navigators work in are 14.9% Education and training, 14.2% Manufacturing, 12.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 12.1% Health care and social assistance, 12.1% Construction, 7.8% Transport, postal and warehousing, 6.4% Professional, scientific and technical services, 5.0% Other services, 4.3% Retail trade.

47.9% of homes are fully owned, and 39.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 6.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $528 per week and the median household income is $1218 per week.

The median rent in Navigators is $150 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $2080 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Navigators postcode 3352

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Warrandyte 3113 -> Melbourne -> Victoria