Chepstowe Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Chepstowe (3351) is a suburb of South Western Victoria, Ballaratt, Victoria. It is about 130 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Chepstowe is in the federal electorate of Wannon.

In the 2011 census the population of Chepstowe was 153 and is comprised of approximately 46.4% females and 53.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Chepstowe is 44 years of age.

91.6% of people living in the suburb of Chepstowe were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.9% England, 2.6% Netherlands.

98.0% of people living in Chepstowe speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Chepstowe is 27.3% Catholic, 20.1% No religion, 16.9% Anglican, 11.7% Presbyterian and Reformed, 9.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 9.1% Uniting Church, 2.6% Other religious affiliation , 2.6% Salvation Army.

50.0% of people are married, 33.6% have never married and 10.2% are divorced and 2.3% are separated. There are 5 widowed people living in Chepstowe.

58.8% of the people living in Chepstowe over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 22.4% are working on a part time basis. Chepstowe has an unemployment rate of 10.6%.

The main occupations of people living in Chepstowe are 38.8% Managers, 23.8% Technicians & trades workers, 12.5% Clerical & administrative workers, 7.5% Professionals, 7.5% Labourers, 6.2% Community & personal service workers, 3.8% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Chepstowe work in are 30.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 16.2% Construction, 10.0% Retail trade, 10.0% Manufacturing, 7.5% Health care and social assistance, 6.2% Accommodation and food services, 6.2% Financial and insurance services, 5.0% Information media and telecommunications, 5.0% Transport, postal and warehousing.

41.9% of homes are fully owned, and 27.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 25.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $353 per week and the median household income is $974 per week.

The median rent in Chepstowe is $100 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1235 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Chepstowe postcode 3351

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Barnawartha North 3691 -> Northern Victoria -> Victoria