Cathcart Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Cathcart (3377) is a suburb of South Western Victoria, Ballaratt, Victoria. It is about 193 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Cathcart is in the federal electorate of Wannon.

In the 2011 census the population of Cathcart was 251 and is comprised of approximately 49.8% females and 50.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Cathcart is 49 years of age.

86.7% of people living in the suburb of Cathcart were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.0% England, 2.0% New Zealand, 2.0% Korea, Republic of .

94.0% of people living in Cathcart speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Cathcart is 23.7% No religion, 20.5% Catholic, 17.7% Anglican, 14.5% Uniting Church, 11.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.8% Jehovah's Witnesses, 2.0% Seventh-day Adventist, 1.6% Christian, nfd.

60.6% of people are married, 20.4% have never married and 9.3% are divorced and 4.2% are separated. There are 12 widowed people living in Cathcart.

56.6% of the people living in Cathcart over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 35.2% are working on a part time basis. Cathcart has an unemployment rate of 2.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Cathcart are 25.0% Managers, 18.6% Community & personal service workers, 14.3% Professionals, 11.4% Technicians & trades workers, 9.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 7.9% Sales workers, 7.1% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.4% Labourers.

The main industries people from Cathcart work in are 18.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 16.5% Health care and social assistance, 11.5% Public administration and safety, 10.8% Manufacturing, 10.1% Construction, 7.9% Accommodation and food services, 6.5% Retail trade, 5.8% Education and training, 5.0% Administrative and support services.

42.7% of homes are fully owned, and 43.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 6.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $651 per week and the median household income is $1375 per week.

The median rent in Cathcart is $100 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1148 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Cathcart postcode 3377

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Nar Nar Goon 3812 -> South Eastern Victoria -> Victoria