Alma Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Alma (3465) is a suburb of South Western Victoria, Ballaratt, Victoria. It is about 144 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Alma is in the federal electorate of Wannon.

In the 2011 census the population of Alma was 260 and is comprised of approximately 46.9% females and 53.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Alma is 46 years of age.

85.4% of people living in the suburb of Alma were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.8% England, 3.1% Netherlands.

95.7% of people living in Alma speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Alma is 32.2% No religion, 25.7% Catholic, 20.7% Anglican, 8.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.8% Uniting Church, 2.3% Baptist, 1.1% Pentecostal, 1.1% Christian, nfd.

60.2% of people are married, 26.4% have never married and 8.8% are divorced and 1.4% are separated. There are 7 widowed people living in Alma.

61.9% of the people living in Alma over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 29.5% are working on a part time basis. Alma has an unemployment rate of 2.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Alma are 20.2% Managers, 16.3% Technicians & trades workers, 15.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 14.4% Professionals, 11.5% Labourers, 8.7% Sales workers, 8.7% Community & personal service workers, 4.8% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Alma work in are 14.8% Manufacturing, 13.9% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.1% Retail trade, 10.2% Education and training, 10.2% Health care and social assistance, 8.3% Financial and insurance services, 5.6% Arts and recreation services, 5.6% Public administration and safety, 5.6% Other services.

42.9% of homes are fully owned, and 42.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 6.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $350 per week and the median household income is $758 per week.

The median rent in Alma is $200 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1100 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Alma postcode 3465

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Fairfield 3078 -> Melbourne -> Victoria