Gundowring Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Gundowring (3691) is a suburb of Northern Victoria, North Eastern, Victoria. It is about 243 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Gundowring is in the federal electorate of Indi.

In the 2011 census the population of Gundowring was 445 and is comprised of approximately 50.1% females and 49.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Gundowring is 41 years of age.

91.7% of people living in the suburb of Gundowring were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.0% England, 1.1% Netherlands, 0.9% Vietnam, 0.9% Austria, 0.7% Ireland.

99.1% of people living in Gundowring speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 0.9% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Gundowring is 23.3% No religion, 23.0% Anglican, 23.0% Catholic, 13.1% Uniting Church, 7.9% Christian, nfd, 5.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.5% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.1% Other religious affiliation , 0.9% Jehovah's Witnesses.

60.9% of people are married, 26.1% have never married and 8.5% are divorced and 2.5% are separated. There are 7 widowed people living in Gundowring.

56.4% of the people living in Gundowring over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 32.8% are working on a part time basis. Gundowring has an unemployment rate of 3.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Gundowring are 28.9% Managers, 14.9% Professionals, 12.0% Labourers, 10.8% Technicians & trades workers, 10.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 7.6% Sales workers, 7.2% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Gundowring work in are 23.1% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 13.0% Manufacturing, 12.6% Construction, 8.5% Health care and social assistance, 6.9% Education and training, 6.5% Retail trade, 5.3% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.9% Public administration and safety, 4.9% Transport, postal and warehousing.

39.7% of homes are fully owned, and 40.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 17.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $660 per week and the median household income is $1329 per week.

The median rent in Gundowring is $100 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1517 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Gundowring postcode 3691

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Gormandale 3873 -> South Eastern Victoria -> Victoria