Barnawartha North Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Barnawartha North (3691) is a suburb of Northern Victoria, North Eastern, Victoria. It is about 249 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Barnawartha North is in the federal electorate of Indi.

In the 2011 census the population of Barnawartha North was 332 and is comprised of approximately 50.0% females and 50.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Barnawartha North is 40 years of age.

91.5% of people living in the suburb of Barnawartha North were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.5% New Zealand, 1.5% England.

96.4% of people living in Barnawartha North speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Barnawartha North is 27.8% Catholic, 22.1% No religion, 19.6% Anglican, 11.8% Uniting Church, 7.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.6% Baptist, 2.7% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.8% Christian, nfd, 1.8% Lutheran, 1.2% Other religious affiliation .

61.0% of people are married, 28.8% have never married and 6.8% are divorced and 1.1% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Barnawartha North.

64.2% of the people living in Barnawartha North over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 25.5% are working on a part time basis. Barnawartha North has an unemployment rate of 2.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Barnawartha North are 17.9% Professionals, 17.3% Managers, 16.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 11.7% Technicians & trades workers, 11.2% Labourers, 10.2% Machinery operators & drivers, 9.2% Sales workers, 6.1% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Barnawartha North work in are 13.5% Public administration and safety, 12.0% Retail trade, 12.0% Manufacturing, 11.0% Health care and social assistance, 7.5% Transport, postal and warehousing, 7.5% Accommodation and food services, 7.5% Construction, 6.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 5.0% Education and training.

40.5% of homes are fully owned, and 37.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 18.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $768 per week and the median household income is $1675 per week.

The median rent in Barnawartha North is $120 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1517 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Barnawartha North postcode 3691

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Katamatite 3649 -> Northern Victoria -> Victoria