Mount Moriac Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Mount Moriac (3240) is a suburb of Melbourne, Geelong, Victoria. It is about 82 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Mount Moriac is in the federal electorate of Corangamite.

In the 2011 census the population of Mount Moriac was 252 and is comprised of approximately 48.4% females and 51.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Mount Moriac is 40 years of age.

88.9% of people living in the suburb of Mount Moriac were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.4% New Zealand, 2.4% Germany, 2.0% Ireland, 1.6% England.

98.4% of people living in Mount Moriac speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.6% Thai.

The religious makeup of Mount Moriac is 23.8% Catholic, 19.0% No religion, 17.1% Anglican, 15.9% Uniting Church, 7.5% Presbyterian and Reformed, 4.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.4% Churches of Christ, 2.4% Buddhism, 2.4% Eastern Orthodox, 2.4% Lutheran.

62.4% of people are married, 29.9% have never married and 6.1% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in Mount Moriac.

54.6% of the people living in Mount Moriac over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 33.6% are working on a part time basis. Mount Moriac has an unemployment rate of 2.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Mount Moriac are 31.0% Managers, 20.0% Technicians & trades workers, 12.4% Professionals, 9.0% Community & personal service workers, 7.6% Sales workers, 7.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.9% Labourers, 3.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 2.1% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Mount Moriac work in are 15.9% Manufacturing, 13.1% Construction, 11.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.3% Accommodation and food services, 8.3% Retail trade, 6.9% Education and training, 6.2% Other services, 6.2% Wholesale trade, 5.5% Health care and social assistance.

44.7% of homes are fully owned, and 40.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 15.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $666 per week and the median household income is $1343 per week.

The median rent in Mount Moriac is $200 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1000 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Mount Moriac postcode 3240

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Windermere 3352 -> South Western Victoria -> Victoria