Whitemore Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Whitemore (7303) is a suburb of Tasmania, North West, Tasmania. It is about 148 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Whitemore is in the federal electorate of Lyons.

In the 2011 census the population of Whitemore was 236 and is comprised of approximately 47.9% females and 52.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Whitemore is 36 years of age.

93.6% of people living in the suburb of Whitemore were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.6% New Zealand, 1.7% England.

97.0% of people living in Whitemore speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Whitemore is 29.7% Anglican, 19.5% Catholic, 19.5% Uniting Church, 12.7% No religion, 7.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.1% Baptist, 3.0% Jehovah's Witnesses, 1.7% Seventh-day Adventist, 1.3% Salvation Army.

58.5% of people are married, 27.3% have never married and 7.7% are divorced and 1.6% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Whitemore.

61.1% of the people living in Whitemore over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 29.4% are working on a part time basis. Whitemore has an unemployment rate of 7.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Whitemore are 32.5% Managers, 15.8% Technicians & trades workers, 12.5% Clerical & administrative workers, 9.2% Community & personal service workers, 8.3% Professionals, 8.3% Labourers, 7.5% Sales workers, 5.8% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Whitemore work in are 31.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.9% Retail trade, 8.3% Manufacturing, 8.3% Education and training, 7.4% Professional, scientific and technical services, 7.4% Construction, 7.4% Health care and social assistance, 5.0% Public administration and safety, 2.5% Financial and insurance services.

38.8% of homes are fully owned, and 29.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 24.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $495 per week and the median household income is $1199 per week.

The median rent in Whitemore is $130 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1400 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Whitemore postcode 7303

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Bicheno 7215 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania