Tugrah Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Tugrah (7310) is a suburb of Tasmania, North West, Tasmania. It is about 205 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Tugrah is in the federal electorate of Braddon.

In the 2011 census the population of Tugrah was 195 and is comprised of approximately 49.2% females and 50.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Tugrah is 41 years of age.

89.7% of people living in the suburb of Tugrah were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.6% England, 3.1% Northern Ireland, 2.6% Germany.

97.9% of people living in Tugrah speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.1% Other.

The religious makeup of Tugrah is 26.4% No religion, 24.9% Anglican, 13.7% Catholic, 9.6% Uniting Church, 6.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.1% Brethren, 3.0% Buddhism, 3.0% Christian, nfd, 2.5% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.5% Salvation Army.

59.6% of people are married, 20.5% have never married and 9.9% are divorced and 4.0% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Tugrah.

53.5% of the people living in Tugrah over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 33.3% are working on a part time basis. Tugrah has an unemployment rate of 5.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Tugrah are 27.4% Managers, 22.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 17.9% Technicians & trades workers, 17.0% Professionals, 5.7% Sales workers, 3.8% Community & personal service workers, 2.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 2.8% Labourers.

The main industries people from Tugrah work in are 13.9% Manufacturing, 12.0% Health care and social assistance, 11.1% Retail trade, 10.2% Professional, scientific and technical services, 8.3% Construction, 6.5% Education and training, 5.6% Other services, 5.6% Mining, 5.6% Transport, postal and warehousing.

34.3% of homes are fully owned, and 58.6% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 7.1% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $700 per week and the median household income is $1218 per week.

The median rent in Tugrah is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1473 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Tugrah postcode 7310

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Old Beach 7017 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania