Winnaleah Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Winnaleah (7265) is a suburb of Tasmania, Launceston, Tasmania. It is about 203 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Winnaleah is in the federal electorate of Bass.

In the 2011 census the population of Winnaleah was 274 and is comprised of approximately 54.0% females and 46.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Winnaleah is 42 years of age.

87.5% of people living in the suburb of Winnaleah were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.8% England, 1.8% Germany, 1.8% Philippines.

96.7% of people living in Winnaleah speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Winnaleah is 31.4% Anglican, 24.5% No religion, 7.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 7.7% Catholic, 7.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 7.3% Uniting Church, 4.7% Christian, nfd, 2.6% Seventh-day Adventist, 2.6% Pentecostal, 2.2% Salvation Army.

54.8% of people are married, 30.5% have never married and 6.7% are divorced and 1.9% are separated. There are 13 widowed people living in Winnaleah.

52.7% of the people living in Winnaleah over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 35.7% are working on a part time basis. Winnaleah has an unemployment rate of 6.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Winnaleah are 37.6% Managers, 16.8% Professionals, 14.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 12.9% Labourers, 5.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.9% Community & personal service workers, 3.0% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 3.0% Technicians & trades workers.

The main industries people from Winnaleah work in are 50.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 14.7% Education and training, 10.8% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.9% Financial and insurance services, 5.9% Manufacturing, 5.9% Health care and social assistance, 3.9% Public administration and safety, 2.9% Professional, scientific and technical services.

36.8% of homes are fully owned, and 29.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 25.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $370 per week and the median household income is $683 per week.

The median rent in Winnaleah is $140 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $758 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Winnaleah postcode 7265

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Mengha 7330 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania