Windermere Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Windermere (7252) is a suburb of Tasmania, Launceston, Tasmania. It is about 176 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Windermere is in the federal electorate of Bass.

In the 2011 census the population of Windermere was 234 and is comprised of approximately 54.3% females and 45.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Windermere is 51 years of age.

73.1% of people living in the suburb of Windermere were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 7.3% England, 2.6% Scotland, 2.1% New Zealand, 1.7% China , 1.7% Netherlands, 1.7% Ireland, 1.7% Italy, 1.3% United States of America.

96.6% of people living in Windermere speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Windermere is 36.2% Anglican, 24.3% No religion, 12.3% Catholic, 10.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.1% Uniting Church, 2.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.6% Baptist, 2.6% Pentecostal, 1.3% Buddhism, 1.3% Christian, nfd.

66.3% of people are married, 23.4% have never married and 4.9% are divorced and 1.5% are separated. There are 8 widowed people living in Windermere.

55.4% of the people living in Windermere over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 36.4% are working on a part time basis. Windermere has an unemployment rate of 2.5%.

The main occupations of people living in Windermere are 26.9% Professionals, 14.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 13.4% Managers, 12.6% Sales workers, 10.1% Labourers, 10.1% Technicians & trades workers, 5.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 5.0% Community & personal service workers, 2.5% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Windermere work in are 13.2% Retail trade, 13.2% Manufacturing, 12.3% Education and training, 7.9% Public administration and safety, 7.9% Construction, 6.1% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.3% Health care and social assistance, 5.3% Mining, 5.3% Accommodation and food services.

58.3% of homes are fully owned, and 31.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 10.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $517 per week and the median household income is $946 per week.

The median rent in Windermere is $160 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1624 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Windermere postcode 7252

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Lachlan 7140 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania