Pioneer Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Pioneer (7264) is a suburb of Tasmania, Launceston, Tasmania. It is about 206 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Pioneer is in the federal electorate of Bass.

In the 2011 census the population of Pioneer was 137 and is comprised of approximately 47.4% females and 52.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Pioneer is 42 years of age.

85.8% of people living in the suburb of Pioneer were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 7.5% England.

97.8% of people living in Pioneer speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Pioneer is 31.4% No religion, 20.4% Anglican, 19.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 11.7% Catholic, 8.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.6% Uniting Church, 2.9% Other religious affiliation , 2.2% Other Religious Groups.

39.3% of people are married, 28.6% have never married and 18.8% are divorced and 10.7% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in Pioneer.

44.7% of the people living in Pioneer over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 40.4% are working on a part time basis. Pioneer has an unemployment rate of 14.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Pioneer are 34.1% Managers, 25.0% Labourers, 13.6% Community & personal service workers, 13.6% Technicians & trades workers, 6.8% Professionals, 6.8% Clerical & administrative workers.

The main industries people from Pioneer work in are 39.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 14.6% Public administration and safety, 9.8% Retail trade, 7.3% Professional, scientific and technical services, 7.3% Inadequately described/Not stated, 7.3% Administrative and support services, 7.3% Health care and social assistance, 7.3% Other services.

61.1% of homes are fully owned, and 22.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 5.6% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $326 per week and the median household income is $571 per week.

The median rent in Pioneer is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $455 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Pioneer postcode 7264

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: National Park 7140 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania