North Scottsdale Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

North Scottsdale (7260) is a suburb of Tasmania, Launceston, Tasmania. It is about 198 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. North Scottsdale is in the federal electorate of Bass.

In the 2011 census the population of North Scottsdale was 173 and is comprised of approximately 45.1% females and 54.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of North Scottsdale is 43 years of age.

91.2% of people living in the suburb of North Scottsdale were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.9% England, 2.9% United States of America.

96.0% of people living in North Scottsdale speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of North Scottsdale is 35.6% Anglican, 23.0% No religion, 17.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 7.5% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.4% Catholic, 3.4% Jehovah's Witnesses, 3.4% Uniting Church, 2.3% Salvation Army, 1.7% Buddhism, 1.7% Judaism.

71.2% of people are married, 20.5% have never married and 3.0% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 7 widowed people living in North Scottsdale.

53.8% of the people living in North Scottsdale over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 23.8% are working on a part time basis. North Scottsdale has an unemployment rate of 15.0%.

The main occupations of people living in North Scottsdale are 29.7% Managers, 13.5% Machinery operators & drivers, 13.5% Technicians & trades workers, 12.2% Clerical & administrative workers, 8.1% Professionals, 8.1% Community & personal service workers, 8.1% Labourers, 6.8% Sales workers.

The main industries people from North Scottsdale work in are 33.3% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 14.5% Retail trade, 10.1% Other services, 8.7% Mining, 5.8% Construction, 5.8% Education and training, 4.3% Manufacturing, 4.3% Inadequately described/Not stated, 4.3% Electricity, gas, water and waste services.

42.9% of homes are fully owned, and 36.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 15.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $370 per week and the median household income is $817 per week.

The median rent in North Scottsdale is $140 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $553 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for North Scottsdale postcode 7260

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Brooklyn 7320 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania