Lebrina Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Lebrina (7254) is a suburb of Tasmania, Launceston, Tasmania. It is about 190 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Lebrina is in the federal electorate of Bass.

In the 2011 census the population of Lebrina was 306 and is comprised of approximately 49.7% females and 50.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of Lebrina is 40 years of age.

83.9% of people living in the suburb of Lebrina were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.9% England, 2.3% Eastern Europe, nfd, 1.3% New Zealand.

92.8% of people living in Lebrina speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 7.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Lebrina is 33.4% No religion, 24.3% Anglican, 12.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 11.1% Catholic, 6.9% Uniting Church, 4.9% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.0% Baptist, 2.0% Lutheran, 1.3% Christian, nfd, 1.0% Seventh-day Adventist.

58.8% of people are married, 31.8% have never married and 5.7% are divorced and 1.6% are separated. There are 5 widowed people living in Lebrina.

53.1% of the people living in Lebrina over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 34.7% are working on a part time basis. Lebrina has an unemployment rate of 6.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Lebrina are 19.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 17.1% Technicians & trades workers, 15.0% Managers, 13.6% Professionals, 11.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 11.4% Community & personal service workers, 7.9% Labourers, 4.3% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Lebrina work in are 16.0% Health care and social assistance, 13.2% Manufacturing, 12.5% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.7% Construction, 8.3% Other services, 8.3% Transport, postal and warehousing, 6.9% Education and training, 6.2% Retail trade, 5.6% Wholesale trade.

50.9% of homes are fully owned, and 38.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 8.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $397 per week and the median household income is $991 per week.

The median rent in Lebrina is $150 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1387 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Lebrina postcode 7254

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Lachlan 7140 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania