Conara Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Conara (7211) is a suburb of Tasmania, Launceston, Tasmania. It is about 118 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Conara is in the federal electorate of Lyons.

In the 2011 census the population of Conara was 424 and is comprised of approximately 49.5% females and 50.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Conara is 42 years of age.

85.4% of people living in the suburb of Conara were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.5% England, 1.2% Thailand, 1.2% Papua New Guinea, 0.9% New Zealand, 0.9% Italy.

96.0% of people living in Conara speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Conara is 40.7% Anglican, 21.3% No religion, 17.0% Catholic, 11.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.8% Uniting Church, 1.2% Buddhism, 0.9% Salvation Army, 0.7% Baptist.

49.7% of people are married, 29.0% have never married and 11.5% are divorced and 3.6% are separated. There are 21 widowed people living in Conara.

54.1% of the people living in Conara over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 32.0% are working on a part time basis. Conara has an unemployment rate of 4.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Conara are 27.7% Managers, 17.9% Labourers, 14.1% Technicians & trades workers, 9.2% Clerical & administrative workers, 9.2% Community & personal service workers, 8.7% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.2% Professionals, 3.3% Sales workers, 1.6% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Conara work in are 36.2% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 8.6% Health care and social assistance, 8.6% Construction, 8.1% Public administration and safety, 8.1% Retail trade, 5.9% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.4% Education and training, 4.9% Accommodation and food services, 4.9% Inadequately described/Not stated.

37.1% of homes are fully owned, and 28.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 30.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $491 per week and the median household income is $937 per week.

The median rent in Conara is $150 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $693 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Conara postcode 7211

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Edith Creek 7330 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania