Branxholm Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Branxholm (7261) is a suburb of Tasmania, Launceston, Tasmania. It is about 194 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Branxholm is in the federal electorate of Bass.

In the 2011 census the population of Branxholm was 207 and is comprised of approximately 52.7% females and 47.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of Branxholm is 52 years of age.

87.7% of people living in the suburb of Branxholm were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.4% England, 2.0% Netherlands, 1.5% New Zealand.

96.6% of people living in Branxholm speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Branxholm is 34.8% Anglican, 28.0% No religion, 12.1% Catholic, 9.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.9% Other religious affiliation , 2.9% Buddhism, 1.9% Lutheran, 1.9% Christian, nfd.

42.8% of people are married, 32.9% have never married and 12.7% are divorced and 7.5% are separated. There are 7 widowed people living in Branxholm.

48.7% of the people living in Branxholm over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 31.6% are working on a part time basis. Branxholm has an unemployment rate of 19.7%.

The main occupations of people living in Branxholm are 22.7% Labourers, 22.7% Technicians & trades workers, 13.6% Professionals, 9.1% Machinery operators & drivers, 9.1% Managers, 9.1% Clerical & administrative workers, 9.1% Community & personal service workers, 4.5% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Branxholm work in are 19.4% Manufacturing, 14.5% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 14.5% Accommodation and food services, 8.1% Health care and social assistance, 4.8% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.8% Public administration and safety, 4.8% Retail trade, 4.8% Construction, 4.8% Inadequately described/Not stated.

53.4% of homes are fully owned, and 29.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 17.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $355 per week and the median household income is $715 per week.

The median rent in Branxholm is $33 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $949 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Branxholm postcode 7261

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Lachlan 7140 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania