Avoca Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Avoca (7213) is a suburb of Tasmania, Launceston, Tasmania. It is about 126 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Avoca is in the federal electorate of Lyons.

In the 2011 census the population of Avoca was 300 and is comprised of approximately 49.0% females and 51.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Avoca is 40 years of age.

85.4% of people living in the suburb of Avoca were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.7% England, 1.3% New Zealand, 1.3% Kenya, 1.3% Germany.

95.0% of people living in Avoca speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Avoca is 42.2% Anglican, 28.6% No religion, 14.0% Catholic, 7.3% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.0% Uniting Church, 1.7% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.3% Salvation Army, 1.0% Other religious affiliation , 1.0% Lutheran, 1.0% Pentecostal.

44.9% of people are married, 31.4% have never married and 12.3% are divorced and 3.8% are separated. There are 18 widowed people living in Avoca.

41.2% of the people living in Avoca over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 35.1% are working on a part time basis. Avoca has an unemployment rate of 15.8%.

The main occupations of people living in Avoca are 26.5% Labourers, 18.4% Managers, 15.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 11.2% Professionals, 9.2% Sales workers, 9.2% Technicians & trades workers, 7.1% Community & personal service workers, 3.1% Clerical & administrative workers.

The main industries people from Avoca work in are 32.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 15.3% Education and training, 14.3% Accommodation and food services, 9.2% Manufacturing, 6.1% Retail trade, 6.1% Transport, postal and warehousing, 4.1% Public administration and safety, 3.1% Professional, scientific and technical services, 3.1% Inadequately described/Not stated.

51.7% of homes are fully owned, and 20.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 25.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $334 per week and the median household income is $656 per week.

The median rent in Avoca is $90 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $698 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Avoca postcode 7213

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Kempton 7030 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania