Ross Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Ross (7209) is a suburb of Tasmania, Hobart, Tasmania. It is about 96 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Ross is in the federal electorate of Lyons.

In the 2011 census the population of Ross was 423 and is comprised of approximately 48.5% females and 51.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Ross is 49 years of age.

84.5% of people living in the suburb of Ross were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.7% England, 1.4% Finland, 1.2% Germany, 1.0% New Zealand.

96.2% of people living in Ross speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Ross is 48.0% Anglican, 18.2% No religion, 10.2% Catholic, 10.2% Uniting Church, 6.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.4% Lutheran, 1.4% Christian, nfd, 1.2% Pentecostal.

55.9% of people are married, 21.6% have never married and 11.5% are divorced and 4.2% are separated. There are 24 widowed people living in Ross.

55.3% of the people living in Ross over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 31.3% are working on a part time basis. Ross has an unemployment rate of 5.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Ross are 35.5% Managers, 22.1% Labourers, 14.5% Technicians & trades workers, 8.7% Professionals, 7.6% Sales workers, 4.7% Community & personal service workers, 3.5% Clerical & administrative workers, 1.7% Machinery operators & drivers, 1.7% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Ross work in are 40.2% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 8.6% Accommodation and food services, 7.5% Manufacturing, 7.5% Education and training, 7.5% Construction, 6.3% Public administration and safety, 5.2% Retail trade, 3.4% Electricity, gas, water and waste services, 3.4% Inadequately described/Not stated.

51.4% of homes are fully owned, and 18.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 25.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $395 per week and the median household income is $689 per week.

The median rent in Ross is $83 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $884 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Ross postcode 7209

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Ulverstone 7315 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania