Little Swanport Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Little Swanport (7190) is a suburb of Tasmania, East Coast, Tasmania. It is about 79 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Little Swanport is in the federal electorate of Lyons.

In the 2011 census the population of Little Swanport was 188 and is comprised of approximately 46.3% females and 53.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Little Swanport is 53 years of age.

91.4% of people living in the suburb of Little Swanport were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.9% England.

97.3% of people living in Little Swanport speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Little Swanport is 39.0% Anglican, 25.7% No religion, 14.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.0% Catholic, 4.8% Jehovah's Witnesses, 1.6% Buddhism, 1.6% Christian, nfd, 1.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.6% Other Religious Groups, 1.6% Uniting Church.

58.5% of people are married, 22.0% have never married and 14.0% are divorced and 5.5% are separated. There are 0 widowed people living in Little Swanport.

48.8% of the people living in Little Swanport over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 36.2% are working on a part time basis. Little Swanport has an unemployment rate of 7.5%.

The main occupations of people living in Little Swanport are 28.4% Managers, 20.3% Labourers, 12.2% Professionals, 12.2% Community & personal service workers, 8.1% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.1% Technicians & trades workers, 6.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 4.1% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Little Swanport work in are 35.2% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.3% Public administration and safety, 9.9% Retail trade, 8.5% Professional, scientific and technical services, 8.5% Education and training, 8.5% Health care and social assistance, 7.0% Information media and telecommunications, 7.0% Administrative and support services, 4.2% Accommodation and food services.

51.2% of homes are fully owned, and 31.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 10.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $365 per week and the median household income is $753 per week.

The median rent in Little Swanport is $140 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $607 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Little Swanport postcode 7190

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Edith Creek 7330 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania