Colebrook Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Colebrook (7027) is a suburb of Tasmania, Hobart, Tasmania. It is about 39 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Colebrook is in the federal electorate of Lyons.

In the 2011 census the population of Colebrook was 373 and is comprised of approximately 48.8% females and 51.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Colebrook is 43 years of age.

87.9% of people living in the suburb of Colebrook were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.7% England, 2.2% New Zealand, 1.1% Ireland, 0.8% Netherlands, 0.8% Germany.

96.5% of people living in Colebrook speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.5% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Colebrook is 36.5% Anglican, 28.2% No religion, 18.5% Catholic, 11.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.9% Uniting Church, 1.1% Salvation Army, 1.1% Presbyterian and Reformed, 0.8% Other religious affiliation .

46.3% of people are married, 35.5% have never married and 11.5% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 21 widowed people living in Colebrook.

56.3% of the people living in Colebrook over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 33.8% are working on a part time basis. Colebrook has an unemployment rate of 5.6%.

The main occupations of people living in Colebrook are 21.8% Labourers, 14.3% Managers, 14.3% Technicians & trades workers, 12.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 11.3% Sales workers, 9.8% Professionals, 8.3% Community & personal service workers, 7.5% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Colebrook work in are 17.2% Retail trade, 14.8% Construction, 11.7% Health care and social assistance, 10.2% Education and training, 8.6% Accommodation and food services, 7.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 7.8% Manufacturing, 4.7% Transport, postal and warehousing, 3.9% Professional, scientific and technical services.

45.3% of homes are fully owned, and 37.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 14.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $357 per week and the median household income is $715 per week.

The median rent in Colebrook is $150 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $867 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Colebrook postcode 7027

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Exton 7303 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania