White Hills Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

White Hills (7258) is a suburb of Tasmania, Launceston, Tasmania. It is about 153 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. White Hills is in the federal electorates of Bass, Lyons.

In the 2011 census the population of White Hills was 356 and is comprised of approximately 47.5% females and 52.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of White Hills is 40 years of age.

89.0% of people living in the suburb of White Hills were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.1% England, 0.8% New Zealand.

95.0% of people living in White Hills speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of White Hills is 31.4% Anglican, 25.2% No religion, 21.6% Catholic, 9.5% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.8% Uniting Church, 3.1% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.8% Christian, nfd, 1.7% Other religious affiliation .

53.2% of people are married, 29.6% have never married and 8.8% are divorced and 6.3% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in White Hills.

64.6% of the people living in White Hills over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 25.4% are working on a part time basis. White Hills has an unemployment rate of 3.3%.

The main occupations of people living in White Hills are 22.5% Managers, 16.2% Professionals, 13.3% Technicians & trades workers, 12.1% Machinery operators & drivers, 9.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 9.2% Labourers, 8.7% Community & personal service workers, 6.4% Sales workers, 1.7% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from White Hills work in are 15.2% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 13.5% Construction, 10.5% Retail trade, 9.4% Manufacturing, 9.4% Health care and social assistance, 6.4% Education and training, 5.3% Public administration and safety, 5.3% Other services, 4.1% Professional, scientific and technical services.

35.7% of homes are fully owned, and 34.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 21.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $548 per week and the median household income is $992 per week.

The median rent in White Hills is $92 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1040 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for White Hills postcode 7258

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Edith Creek 7330 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania