Beaumaris Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Beaumaris (7215) is a suburb of Tasmania, Launceston, Tasmania. It is about 180 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Beaumaris is in the federal electorate of Lyons.

In the 2011 census the population of Beaumaris was 282 and is comprised of approximately 48.9% females and 51.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Beaumaris is 51 years of age.

84.5% of people living in the suburb of Beaumaris were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.2% England, 1.8% Scotland, 1.4% New Zealand, 1.4% Netherlands, 1.4% Philippines.

97.2% of people living in Beaumaris speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Beaumaris is 35.6% Anglican, 29.2% No religion, 12.8% Catholic, 8.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.0% Uniting Church, 3.2% Other religious affiliation , 2.5% Christian, nfd, 1.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.1% Baptist.

57.3% of people are married, 29.5% have never married and 6.0% are divorced and 1.7% are separated. There are 13 widowed people living in Beaumaris.

41.1% of the people living in Beaumaris over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 43.0% are working on a part time basis. Beaumaris has an unemployment rate of 7.5%.

The main occupations of people living in Beaumaris are 24.5% Professionals, 23.5% Technicians & trades workers, 15.3% Community & personal service workers, 12.2% Clerical & administrative workers, 10.2% Labourers, 8.2% Managers, 3.1% Sales workers, 3.1% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Beaumaris work in are 23.7% Education and training, 18.6% Health care and social assistance, 14.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 12.4% Construction, 9.3% Accommodation and food services, 3.1% Professional, scientific and technical services, 3.1% Arts and recreation services, 3.1% Public administration and safety, 3.1% Retail trade.

49.6% of homes are fully owned, and 29.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 21.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $419 per week and the median household income is $580 per week.

The median rent in Beaumaris is $195 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Beaumaris postcode 7215

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Sisters Beach 7321 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania