Tunnack Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Tunnack (7120) is a suburb of Tasmania, Central, Tasmania. It is about 47 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Tunnack is in the federal electorate of Lyons.

In the 2011 census the population of Tunnack was 229 and is comprised of approximately 44.5% females and 55.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Tunnack is 41 years of age.

92.5% of people living in the suburb of Tunnack were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.8% England.

95.6% of people living in Tunnack speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Tunnack is 31.9% Anglican, 27.9% Catholic, 20.1% No religion, 6.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.1% Uniting Church, 2.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.3% Other religious affiliation , 1.3% Latter-day Saints, 1.3% Buddhism, 1.3% Christian, nfd.

46.9% of people are married, 27.7% have never married and 12.4% are divorced and 4.5% are separated. There are 15 widowed people living in Tunnack.

47.7% of the people living in Tunnack over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 35.2% are working on a part time basis. Tunnack has an unemployment rate of 10.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Tunnack are 28.9% Labourers, 21.1% Technicians & trades workers, 19.7% Managers, 7.9% Sales workers, 7.9% Community & personal service workers, 6.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 3.9% Professionals, 3.9% Clerical & administrative workers.

The main industries people from Tunnack work in are 26.9% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.5% Public administration and safety, 7.7% Retail trade, 7.7% Manufacturing, 7.7% Education and training, 7.7% Wholesale trade, 7.7% Transport, postal and warehousing, 3.8% Professional, scientific and technical services, 3.8% Financial and insurance services.

36.4% of homes are fully owned, and 43.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 17.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $422 per week and the median household income is $819 per week.

The median rent in Tunnack is $80 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $520 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Tunnack postcode 7120

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Waterhouse 7262 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania