Liffey Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Liffey (7301) is a suburb of Tasmania, Central, Tasmania. It is about 141 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Liffey is in the federal electorate of Lyons.

In the 2011 census the population of Liffey was 259 and is comprised of approximately 46.3% females and 53.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Liffey is 41 years of age.

87.8% of people living in the suburb of Liffey were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.6% England, 2.3% New Zealand, 1.9% Scotland.

97.7% of people living in Liffey speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Liffey is 31.4% No religion, 23.6% Anglican, 16.3% Uniting Church, 11.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.9% Baptist, 5.4% Catholic, 2.7% Presbyterian and Reformed.

58.9% of people are married, 29.7% have never married and 8.1% are divorced and 1.9% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in Liffey.

60.8% of the people living in Liffey over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 29.6% are working on a part time basis. Liffey has an unemployment rate of 6.4%.

The main occupations of people living in Liffey are 23.9% Managers, 17.9% Technicians & trades workers, 15.4% Professionals, 15.4% Labourers, 10.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.1% Sales workers, 5.1% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Liffey work in are 27.2% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.5% Manufacturing, 10.5% Health care and social assistance, 8.8% Education and training, 5.3% Accommodation and food services, 5.3% Administrative and support services, 5.3% Wholesale trade, 4.4% Information media and telecommunications, 4.4% Transport, postal and warehousing.

41.6% of homes are fully owned, and 32.6% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 22.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $428 per week and the median household income is $766 per week.

The median rent in Liffey is $200 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $433 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Liffey postcode 7301

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Edith Creek 7330 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania