Arthurton Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Arthurton (5572) is a suburb of Spencer Gulf, Yorke Peninsula, South Australia. It is about 107 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Arthurton is in the federal electorate of Grey.

In the 2011 census the population of Arthurton was 390 and is comprised of approximately 47.4% females and 52.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Arthurton is 41 years of age.

94.8% of people living in the suburb of Arthurton were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.6% England.

99.0% of people living in Arthurton speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.0% Spanish.

The religious makeup of Arthurton is 35.9% Uniting Church, 20.0% No religion, 14.4% Anglican, 10.5% Catholic, 7.9% Lutheran, 6.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 1.5% Churches of Christ, 1.5% Baptist, 1.0% Christian, nfd, 0.8% Buddhism.

57.4% of people are married, 28.0% have never married and 8.3% are divorced and 1.4% are separated. There are 14 widowed people living in Arthurton.

62.4% of the people living in Arthurton over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 30.5% are working on a part time basis. Arthurton has an unemployment rate of 3.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Arthurton are 51.1% Managers, 10.5% Technicians & trades workers, 10.0% Professionals, 8.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 7.9% Labourers, 4.7% Community & personal service workers, 2.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 2.6% Sales workers, 1.6% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Arthurton work in are 50.3% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.7% Health care and social assistance, 6.2% Other services, 4.6% Construction, 4.6% Wholesale trade, 4.1% Education and training, 3.6% Retail trade, 3.1% Professional, scientific and technical services, 3.1% Mining.

54.1% of homes are fully owned, and 18.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 23.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $658 per week and the median household income is $1089 per week.

The median rent in Arthurton is $92 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1083 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Arthurton postcode 5572

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Wandearah East 5523 -> Far North -> South Australia