Yeelanna Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Yeelanna (5632) is a suburb of Spencer Gulf, Eyre Peninsula, South Australia. It is about 277 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Yeelanna is in the federal electorate of Grey.

In the 2011 census the population of Yeelanna was 230 and is comprised of approximately 48.3% females and 51.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Yeelanna is 29 years of age.

97.0% of people living in the suburb of Yeelanna were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.3% England.

98.7% of people living in Yeelanna speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.3% Other.

The religious makeup of Yeelanna is 27.4% Uniting Church, 23.0% No religion, 19.1% Catholic, 15.7% Anglican, 12.2% Lutheran, 1.3% Buddhism, 1.3% Christian, nfd.

69.8% of people are married, 22.6% have never married and 5.7% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in Yeelanna.

68.6% of the people living in Yeelanna over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 26.4% are working on a part time basis. Yeelanna has an unemployment rate of 2.5%.

The main occupations of people living in Yeelanna are 54.9% Managers, 12.3% Professionals, 12.3% Technicians & trades workers, 10.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 4.9% Sales workers, 4.9% Labourers.

The main industries people from Yeelanna work in are 61.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 7.3% Manufacturing, 7.3% Education and training, 6.5% Health care and social assistance, 4.9% Retail trade, 2.4% Public administration and safety, 2.4% Construction, 2.4% Inadequately described/Not stated, 2.4% Other services.

56.7% of homes are fully owned, and 19.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 23.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $571 per week and the median household income is $1097 per week.

The median rent in Yeelanna is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $325 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Yeelanna postcode 5632

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Ceduna 5690 -> West Coast -> South Australia