Swanport Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Swanport (5253) is a suburb of South, South East, South Australia. It is about 70 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Swanport is in the federal electorate of Barker.

In the 2011 census the population of Swanport was 327 and is comprised of approximately 49.8% females and 50.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Swanport is 38 years of age.

88.3% of people living in the suburb of Swanport were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.5% England, 1.2% New Zealand, 1.2% South Africa, 1.2% United States of America.

93.6% of people living in Swanport speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Swanport is 22.9% No religion, 21.0% Lutheran, 20.4% Uniting Church, 8.5% Religious affiliation not stated, 7.9% Catholic, 5.8% Anglican, 4.0% Christian, nfd, 4.0% Pentecostal, 1.8% Salvation Army, 1.8% Baptist.

55.8% of people are married, 30.0% have never married and 6.9% are divorced and 2.3% are separated. There are 13 widowed people living in Swanport.

61.6% of the people living in Swanport over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 36.0% are working on a part time basis. Swanport has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Swanport are 15.1% Managers, 15.1% Labourers, 15.1% Technicians & trades workers, 14.0% Clerical & administrative workers, 11.6% Professionals, 11.0% Community & personal service workers, 9.3% Sales workers, 7.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 1.7% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Swanport work in are 14.1% Health care and social assistance, 12.4% Construction, 10.6% Education and training, 10.0% Manufacturing, 7.6% Retail trade, 7.6% Accommodation and food services, 6.5% Professional, scientific and technical services, 5.9% Wholesale trade, 5.3% Other services.

37.9% of homes are fully owned, and 51.6% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 10.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $603 per week and the median household income is $1559 per week.

The median rent in Swanport is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1488 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Swanport postcode 5253

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Dover Gardens 5048 -> Adelaide -> South Australia