Wandearah East Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Wandearah East (5523) is a suburb of Far North, Far North, South Australia. It is about 179 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Wandearah East is in the federal electorate of Grey.

In the 2011 census the population of Wandearah East was 189 and is comprised of approximately 48.1% females and 51.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Wandearah East is 46 years of age.

88.9% of people living in the suburb of Wandearah East were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.6% England, 1.6% Germany.

96.8% of people living in Wandearah East speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Wandearah East is 37.0% Uniting Church, 20.6% No religion, 19.6% Catholic, 9.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.9% Lutheran, 5.3% Anglican, 1.6% Baptist.

61.5% of people are married, 28.6% have never married and 7.5% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 4 widowed people living in Wandearah East.

60.9% of the people living in Wandearah East over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 17.3% are working on a part time basis. Wandearah East has an unemployment rate of 13.6%.

The main occupations of people living in Wandearah East are 50.0% Managers, 14.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 12.8% Technicians & trades workers, 10.6% Labourers, 8.5% Professionals, 3.2% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Wandearah East work in are 50.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 14.6% Health care and social assistance, 7.3% Manufacturing, 6.2% Retail trade, 6.2% Construction, 6.2% Education and training, 6.2% Other services, 3.1% Transport, postal and warehousing.

52.7% of homes are fully owned, and 27.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 12.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $618 per week and the median household income is $982 per week.

The median rent in Wandearah East is $250 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $217 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Wandearah East postcode 5523

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Payneham 5070 -> Adelaide -> South Australia