Palmer Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Palmer (5237) is a suburb of Adelaide, Adelaide Hills, South Australia. It is about 52 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Palmer is in the federal electorate of Barker.

In the 2011 census the population of Palmer was 74 and is comprised of approximately 40.5% females and 59.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Palmer is 44 years of age.

74.3% of people living in the suburb of Palmer were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 14.9% England, 5.4% Scotland.

92.0% of people living in Palmer speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 8.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Palmer is 32.4% No religion, 16.2% Anglican, 14.9% Lutheran, 12.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 12.2% Uniting Church, 8.1% Presbyterian and Reformed, 4.1% Catholic.

56.1% of people are married, 28.1% have never married and 15.8% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 0 widowed people living in Palmer.

31.6% of the people living in Palmer over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 36.8% are working on a part time basis. Palmer has an unemployment rate of 15.8%.

The main occupations of people living in Palmer are 33.3% Technicians & trades workers, 26.7% Labourers, 13.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 13.3% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 13.3% Managers.

The main industries people from Palmer work in are 27.6% Transport, postal and warehousing, 20.7% Inadequately described/Not stated, 17.2% Other services, 13.8% Construction, 10.3% Manufacturing, 10.3% Accommodation and food services.

37.9% of homes are fully owned, and 51.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 10.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $636 per week and the median household income is $833 per week.

The median rent in Palmer is $160 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $455 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Palmer postcode 5237

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Mclaren Vale 5171 -> Adelaide -> South Australia