Lower Tenthill Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Lower Tenthill (4343) is a suburb of South Eastern, Toowoomba & South Eastern, Queensland. It is about 80 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Lower Tenthill is in the federal electorate of Wright.

In the 2011 census the population of Lower Tenthill was 333 and is comprised of approximately 51.4% females and 48.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Lower Tenthill is 39 years of age.

93.1% of people living in the suburb of Lower Tenthill were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.7% New Zealand, 1.5% England, 1.2% Scotland.

97.9% of people living in Lower Tenthill speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.1% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Lower Tenthill is 31.4% Catholic, 16.3% Anglican, 11.8% No religion, 11.8% Lutheran, 5.4% Uniting Church, 4.8% Baptist, 4.2% Other Christian, 3.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.4% Jehovah's Witnesses, 2.4% Christian, nfd.

52.7% of people are married, 29.4% have never married and 6.1% are divorced and 5.7% are separated. There are 16 widowed people living in Lower Tenthill.

61.7% of the people living in Lower Tenthill over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 27.8% are working on a part time basis. Lower Tenthill has an unemployment rate of 6.7%.

The main occupations of people living in Lower Tenthill are 25.9% Managers, 16.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 11.5% Labourers, 9.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 9.8% Sales workers, 9.2% Technicians & trades workers, 8.6% Community & personal service workers, 6.9% Professionals, 1.7% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Lower Tenthill work in are 27.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.8% Retail trade, 8.5% Wholesale trade, 6.8% Other services, 6.8% Transport, postal and warehousing, 6.8% Accommodation and food services, 5.1% Public administration and safety, 5.1% Education and training, 5.1% Health care and social assistance.

38.7% of homes are fully owned, and 36.1% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 20.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $509 per week and the median household income is $1070 per week.

The median rent in Lower Tenthill is $200 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1242 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Lower Tenthill postcode 4343

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Clagiraba 4211 -> South Eastern -> Queensland