Black Duck Creek Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Black Duck Creek (4343) is a suburb of South Eastern, Toowoomba & South Eastern, Queensland. It is about 94 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Black Duck Creek is in the federal electorate of Wright.

In the 2011 census the population of Black Duck Creek was 242 and is comprised of approximately 43.0% females and 57.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Black Duck Creek is 42 years of age.

86.8% of people living in the suburb of Black Duck Creek were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.9% New Zealand, 1.2% England.

95.5% of people living in Black Duck Creek speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.5% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Black Duck Creek is 26.1% Catholic, 14.5% Anglican, 12.4% No religion, 10.0% Uniting Church, 9.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.7% Lutheran, 4.6% Christian, nfd, 3.7% Churches of Christ, 3.3% Pentecostal, 2.5% Seventh-day Adventist.

54.1% of people are married, 24.0% have never married and 11.2% are divorced and 3.1% are separated. There are 15 widowed people living in Black Duck Creek.

61.4% of the people living in Black Duck Creek over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 28.1% are working on a part time basis. Black Duck Creek has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Black Duck Creek are 29.5% Managers, 19.6% Labourers, 10.7% Professionals, 10.7% Technicians & trades workers, 8.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.0% Community & personal service workers, 7.1% Clerical & administrative workers, 2.7% Sales workers, 2.7% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Black Duck Creek work in are 37.1% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.3% Retail trade, 10.3% Manufacturing, 8.6% Health care and social assistance, 7.8% Education and training, 5.2% Construction, 5.2% Transport, postal and warehousing, 2.6% Accommodation and food services, 2.6% Public administration and safety.

42.7% of homes are fully owned, and 37.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 12.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $428 per week and the median household income is $911 per week.

The median rent in Black Duck Creek is $270 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1083 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Black Duck Creek postcode 4343

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Toomulla 4816 -> Northern -> Queensland